Yeah, I laughed too!
... but when I started really looking at the Booby Tubes design, I realized that it really is ingenious and something that I wished that I had when we brought Andrew home and again when I developed mastitis when he was eight weeks old.
The creation of these little beauties was conceived by real life nursing women who wanted a cold pack to help prevent breast engorgement and a hot/moist pack to help ease the symptoms of mastitis. Their unique design allows them to comfortably fit inside your bra and to deliver either hot or cold compresses to your breasts.
Booby Tubes are a natural, safe, gel-free breast pack made with a 100% organic cotton shell and filled with all-natural flax seed. Use warm or cold, depending on your nursing needs. Store Booby Tubes in the freezer and wear them inside your bra between feedings to help:
- Reduce the swelling and tenderness of engorgement
- Comfort breasts during weaning
- When heated, Booby Tubes safely deliver warm, moist heat to tender breasts
- Mama’s unique gel-free construction was designed with extra care to help reduce the risk of burns.
About 5 minutes before each feeding, warm them in the microwave (or conventional oven) for approximately 20-40 seconds to:
- Encourage milk flow
- Maintain open milk ducts to prevent clogged ducts
- Promote let-down
- Comfort the symptoms of infection or mastitis
And you’ll be as pleased as Mama is to know they are made in the USA in a fair trade factory.