For countless centuries mothers have been swaddling and caring for their little ones with natural muslin. Now aden + anais® brings you organic muslin. Conscientiously manufactured in an environmentally and socially responsible manner, aden + anais® is as luxuriously soft and gentle as baby's skin. The organic cotton is grown without any pesticides or harsh chemical fertilizers. The fabric is light and breathable, so baby can adjust his her own tempature naturally.
There are two methods used to swaddle: the Basic method and the Aussie Method.
The aden + anais organic muslin wrap is not only great for swaddling, but has many other uses as well.
This age old technique is used to make your baby feel safe and secure:
- Swaddling helps to make your baby feel secure and comfortable, as it is designed to imitate the security of the enclosed surroundings they experienced in the womb
- Swaddling helps your baby sleep on their back, the pediatrician recommended sleeping position
- Swaddling helps your baby stay asleep by reducing sudden arm and leg movements (startle reflexes)
- Swaddling keeps your baby's face uncovered
- Swaddling prevents your baby moving around the crib and getting into dangerous or uncomfortable positions
New research shows that swaddled babies sleep better with fewer spontaneous awakenings and longer REM sleep, yet are more likely to experience cortical arousals from outside stimulation. (Journal of Pediatrics 2005; 115; 1307-1311)
Because swaddled babies sleep better, parents are more likely to place baby to sleep on their backs rather than in the unsafe tummy position. (Journal of Pediatrics Vol. 110 No. 6 Dec 2002)
Made in China.