This product is a final sale item, no returns. By purchasing this product you agree to these terms of sale.
Pure 100% cotton unbleached twill weave Indian prefold cloth diapers. Indian prefold cloth diapers are incredibly soft and absorbent and become softer with every wash. Indian prefolds are diaper service quality. Wash these cloth diapers 3-5 times in hot water with a little detergent in each wash and they will fluff up beautifully!
Because they are unbleached our Indian prefolds have a natural ivory cotton color. As with all prefolds, Indian prefolds will shrink 5-10%.
Paired with the ProRaps newborn cover (with umbilical scoop), the preemie sized Indian prefold is perfect for your baby to wear during those first couple of weeks after birth. After your baby's umbilical cord stump falls off, we recommend Econobum and Flip diaper covers. Econobum and Flip diaper covers are made by Cotton Babies and are covered by our 30 day money back guarantee as well as our one year warranty.
Infant 4x8x4 ply 12" x 16" (7 to 15 lbs.)
Regular 4x6x4 ply 14.5" x 21" (15-30 lbs.)
Premium 4x8x4 ply 14.5" x 22" (15-30 lbs.)
Wondering if you should go with Indian prefolds or Chinese prefolds?
Indian prefolds benefits:
Unbleached diapers wash up quicker (3 washes)
Indian prefolds drawbacks:
May wear out faster than the Chinese prefolds.
Lighter weight thread is used when sewing the ends of the diapers so the thread may wear out faster than the fabric does.
Chinese prefolds benefits:
Heavier duty stitching
These are probably made of twill
Due to being made of a heavier-weight fabric and stitched with a thicker thread, these prefolds will probably stay nice longer than the Indian prefolds.
Chinese prefolds drawbacks:
May pill up more than the Indian prefolds.More information about washing these diapers can be found in our Resources section.
These diapers are still soft but they are definitely rougher than the Indian prefolds (when washed and dried in the same load)
It takes 7-10 hot wash cycles to make an unbleached Chinese prefold usable and absorbent.
Made in Pakistan.
Snappi Cloth Diaper Fasteners
Snappi® is an inventive solution to the simple problems of diapering. This unique product was invented by a father who experienced frustration changing his own child's diapers. The first Snappi® was introduced to the South African market in 1987 at a trade fair where 4000 units were sold within days.
The Snappi® Diaper Fastener has revolutionized cloth diapering! This PINLESS diaper fastener offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper and has become one of the most important cloth diapering accessories in the world. Over 60 million have sold worldwide.
An EASY to use fastener that offers a PRACTICAL and RELIABLE way to fasten a cloth diaper, replacing the diaper pin. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with 'teeth' on each end. These 'teeth' hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby.
The Snappi® fastener is manufactured from FDA approved raw materials, a polyester based polyurethane which is degradable on aging through hydrolysis and/or microbiological attack. It contains NO latex or any other adulterant, dilutent or modifying polymers. Snappis are made from 100% polyurethane.
Snappis have become the cloth diapering necessity that "pulls it all together"!
- It is an easy way to care for your baby.
- It is made from non-toxic material.
- The Snappi stays in place to ensure a comfortable fitting diaper.
- The Snappi is safe, economical and affordable.
- It is easy-to-care-for and can be sterilized in hot water.
- It is durable and can last as long as six months.
- The grips are designed and manufactured to ensure a better fitting diaper.
- Snappis are available in a wide range of attractive colors.
- Snappi has been clinically tested in various hospitals and clinics around the globe and passed all the tests with flying colors.
- STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi® to return to its original size, and in so doing, will pull the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly. This can be done by holding the Snappi® in the center with one hand, and close to the end of the leg with the other hand. Then s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material gains elasticity. Follow this stretching procedure with all three legs. The Snappi® is now ready to go!
- Make sure that the Snappi® is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi® 'leg' being attached be stretched across the diaper before hooking it into the diaper. When attaching the Snappi®, hold onto the solid part of the tab. DO NOT pull on the loops. Then,
Stretch ACROSS and Hook Right,
Stretch DOWN and Hook Center
Now your Snappi® fastener has gone from a ‘T’ shape to a ‘Y’ shape.
- Always use a diaper cover over the diaper and Snappi®
Made in South Africa.
Love these prefolds. hate the tags and would love a better fit (shorter/wider) option. Will buy again.
I LOVE these! They are so soft! I own some other indian prefolds, that I didn't purchase through cottonbabies and they are no where near as soft as these. I will be buying more of these! They are also the cheapest prefold I have come across especially with cottonbabies free shipping. Try these, you wont be sorry!
I bought two dozen of these when my second daughter was a newborn, and they are still our main diaper now that she is a little over 2. I can't believe that they have served us so well for so long! I didn't try prefolds with my first daughter, and I'm so glad I did for my second--they're super easy and have allowed us to go much longer between wash days because they're inexpensive and very forgiving (i.e., easy to care for: they come clean easily without special treatment, virtually no staining, etc.).