The Swing Breastpump is for lactating women to express and collect milk from their breast to complement breastfeeding and is a single user product.
- 2-Phase Expression technology is proven to produce more milk in less time.*
- Convenient battery power option for portable pumping.
What is 2-Phase Expression Technology?
Through research, Medela learned that there are two distinct phases of how babies breastfeed.
- Stimulation phase – When babies first go to breast, they suck fast and light to stimulate milk flow.
- Expression phase – After milk flow or “let-down” starts, babies breastfeed with a slower, deeper suck, bringing out more milk faster.
Features & Benefits
- Compact, lightweight motor: Fits easily into purse or tote bag
- 2-Phase Expression technology: Resembles a baby's nursing rhythm
- Convenient AC adaptor or battery power options: For charging and mobile pumping
- Single pumping kit with 24 mm PersonalFit™ breastshield: For comfortable, efficient pumping
- Easy-to-use vacuum controls: Let you choose your most comfortable pump setting
- Drawstring bag: Keeps you organized between pump sessions
- All parts that come into contact with breastmilk are made without BPA: Safe for you and your baby
- 1 Motor unit
- 1 PersonalFit 24mm (medium) breastshield
- 1 Breastshield connector (pump body)
- 1 Valve 2 - Membranes
- 1 Tubing
- 2 5oz (150mL) breastmilk bottles
- 2 Bottle lids
- 1 Bottle stand
- 1 Shoulder/neck strap
- 1 AC adapter
- 1 Drawstring bag
- 1 Breastfeeding Information Guide
- Instructions for use
Good for a stay at home mom who rarely pumps. I bought this thinking I would pump a bottle every other day or so, I ended up with a baby who refused bottles and pacifiers for the first several months of life, but it works pretty good when I get clogged ducts or she decides to switch up her nursing pattern and I end up with too much milk. And later when I was finally able to pump for her. Wouldn't recommend for daily use, it does take a while to get milk, I have never gotten more than 5 oz in a half hour, usually 2 to 3. Been using it for a year and half, it has held up well, but then again I have probably used it less than 50 times.
Very comfortable and easy to use. I pump often and can fill 5 oz within a half hour, or less, it is effective. I would recommend this product because it is so much less expensive then the double pump.
I decided on the swing because I was going to be staying home with my baby and thought it would be good enough. I tried this pump and didn't have much luck. Maybe it was just my body, but after a half hour pumping on one side I would only get about 2 oz. Not worth my time. If I were to do it again I would invest a little more and get the double medela pump. My lactation consultant recommended the double but I had already purchased the single from the store.