Motherlove's best-selling More Milk Plus herbal lactation formula is now an alcohol free liquid concentrate in vegetarian capsules. A safe and effective galactagogue formula designed to quickly increase breast milk for breastfeeding mothers. This product does not contain any milk, dairy, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, or gluten.
- Fenugreek seed - Trigonella foenum-graecum
- Fenugreek is an annual that grows 12-18" high with branched, trifoliate leaves. Fenugreek is in the legume family as are peanuts and garden peas. It produces "pea pods" that contain yellow-brown seeds. These seeds are mucilaginous when cooked and smell like maple syrup. Fenugreek is used to flavor imitation maple syrup. Externally, they can be used as a poultice on wounds and sores. Drinking tea made with the seeds aids digestion, and gargling with the tea relieves a sore throat. The seeds are also known for increasing breast milk. Fenugreek is a popular spice in East Indian cooking. Not for use during pregnancy; can reduce blood sugar levels.
- Blessed thistle - Cnicus benedictus
- Blessed Thistle has fuzzy leaves and stems with yellow flowers. It is a "bitter" that aids digestion and works on a congested liver. It increases breast milk and is an emotional ally to uplift spirits. Not for use during pregnancy.
- Nettle leaf - Urtica dioica
- Nettle has dark green serrated leaves and short hairs that cause burning and blistering when touched. It grows in moist soil usually near streams and ditches. Even though it may sting when gathered without gloves, it is an excellent spring green in teas and meals, but don't eat it uncooked. It makes a wonderful substitute for spinach in any dish and an excellent lasagna filling. Nettle is an herb worth using on a regular basis. This spring tonic is loaded with nutrition and strengthens many body systems. Nettle is a rich source of iron, calcium and folic acid, and supports the kidney and adrenals. It helps clear up anemia, skin problems, and increases breast milk. A nettle hair rinse stimulates growth and removes dandruff.
- Fennel seed - Foeniculum vulgare
- Fennel is a licorice flavored, feathery, aromatic herb. It grows to be several feet tall with umbels of small, yellow flowers that look very similar to a dill plant. This digestive herb relieves heartburn, gas, colic, and an upset stomach. The seeds can be chewed to sweeten breath and help a toothache, and a gargle will relieve a sore throat. Fennel also increases breast milk. To use as a compress, put crushed seeds in hot water for relief of swollen, tender, nursing breasts.
- non-GMO soy lecithin
- coconut oil
- vegetable cellulose
All herbs are certified organic.
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule 4 times per day. Women over 175 lbs take 2 capsules 3 times per day. May be taken with 1-2 oz. of liquid. Avoid additional liquids 20 minutes before and after each dose. Not for use during pregnancy.