Gift certificates are purchased just like any other item in our store. You can pay for them using standard payment methods available through the shopping cart.
Once purchased, gift certificates are emailed to the email address you specify in the comments box during checkout. If you did not specify an email address, the gift certificate will be emailed to you. Gift certificates are verified by a real person, so please keep in mind that it may be the next business day before your gift certificate is sent.
If the shopping cart adds shipping to your total during the checkout process, you may use the coupon code GIFTCERT to remove this charge.
You may transfer all or a portion of your Gift Certificate balance to a friend. To verify your balance, please go to My Account.
When you send a Gift Certificate to a friend using your own Gift Certificate Account balance, you must specify the following information:
- The name of the person you are sending your Gift Certificate balance.
- The email address of the person you are sending your Gift Certificate balance.
- The amount you want to send. You may send all or a portion of your balance.
- A short message which will appear in the email your friend receives.
- Please ensure that you have entered all of the information correctly. You will have the opportunity to change the information before the email is sent.
If you receive a Gift Certificate by email, the email will contain the Gift Certificate Number. We recommend printing this email for future reference.
There are two ways to redeem a Gift Certificate:
- Click on the link contained in the email. This will take you to a page to activate your Gift Certificate. If you do not already have an account in our system, please create an account using the email address the Gift Certificate was emailed to (your gift certificate will not work with any other email address). Once this account is created, your gift certificate will be ready for you to use.
- Alternatively, during the checkout process in the Payment Information section, there will be a box to enter a Gift Code. Once you enter your code, hit "Redeem" and the Gift Certificate will be added to your account. To use your balance immediately, select the checkbox to apply the gift certificate balance to your shopping cart before you continue to order review.
If you have a balance in your Gift Certificate Account, you can use those funds to purchase items in our store. During checkout, you'll see a checkbox that will allow you to apply gift certificate funds to your purchase.
Please note, you will have to select an additional payment method if the balance in your Gift Certificate Account does not cover the cost of your purchase.
If you have more funds in your Gift Certificate Account than the total cost of your purchase the remaining balance will be left in your Gift Certificate Account for future use.