The best way to support your baby and your lifestyle
From the moment your baby is born there is nothing you want to do but hold and cuddle your little angel, and there is nothing they want more than to feel your warmth and hear your heartbeat. Using the ERGObaby carrier gives you that continuous connection, along with a fabulous feeling of freedom, and security knowing your baby is safe.
This is the all-in-one soft baby carrier, assisting you through all the stages of your baby's growth and moving from front to hip to back position easily. You can begin carrying your infant from 7-12 pounds with a Heart2Heart insert continue carrying your baby into toddlerhood up to 45 pounds.
The ERGObaby carrier's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby's hip, pelvis and spine growth. It disperses most of the baby's weight between the hips and thighs, which helps to eliminate compression of the spine when hanging by the crotch which most other designs require. The ERGObaby also balances the baby's weight to parents' hips and shoulders, and alleviates physical stress for the parent.
- Can be worn on front, back or hip and easily shifted from one to the other
- 14 ounce cotton canvas for maximum durability
- 400 threads per inch cotton poplin lining and hood
- 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges
- One inch, high density foam in shoulder straps
- Quarter inch high density neoprene foam in waist belt
- National Molding buckles tested up to 235 pounds
- Waist belt circumference from 25" to 43" and additional Waist Extender 8"is available
- Fits from 5' to 6.5' body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps
- Attached Sleeping hood supports sleeping baby's head and grows with your child
- Reinforcement stitching used at all fabric intersections Interior rip-stop reinforcements at critical intersections
- Provides continued support when a baby sling or other front carriers are no longer comfortable
- Allows for freedom of movement because the parent and baby are like one
- Convenient pocket on back of carrier with side zipper for easy access
- High quality black webbing
- More secure than a hard-frame for baby hiking and walking
- Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds
- Machine washable, gentle cycle
- Organic options available
- ERGObaby Accessories designed just for your ERGObaby carrier are available for even more comfort and freedom! Such as the Heart2Heart Infant Insert and the convenient front pouch.
BEST BABY CARRIER I have this carrier and the performance ergo carrier. This carrier is so soft and the padding is so comfortable, I can wear this all day. this is the best support for your back (in comparison to my baby k'tan carrier, no back support). This is always in my car and I use it in every store. My baby loves it, he instantly falls asleep in it and doesn't cry while grocery shopping anymore. Happy baby, happy mama. I was afraid this would be too hot in the summer (thats why I have the performance carrier as well) while it is less breathable and we both will sweat in the heat in this carrier, it is so much more comfortable i choose this one every time. the organic material is softer than the original carrier and my baby loves sucking on it so i just got teething pads! The attached hood is great to shield the baby from sun or unwanted strangers, and for napping. This is the best buy and is so easy to put on even by yourself. You wont regret buying this!
I loved this carrier. it was SO comfortable and it had all sorts of handy features - the hood, the pockets, etc. Using the infant insert in the summer might get a bit hot for everyone, but my baby was born in November so we had no issues with that. I honestly used my Moby more in the infant stage because I felt like his wobbly head was better supported without me fearing he would suffocate. But once my baby started crawling and exploring the world around him - he hated it. He wanted to face out so badly he would strain himself trying to bend over backwards. I was so sad because I loved this thing. I ended up getting a Beco Gemini, which is very similar in that it is ergonomic for mom and baby, but does have an front facing configuration. No cool pockets or hood for me though. :( We are keeping our Ergo for now - because it is one of the few carriers that is also comfortable for my husband to use. I have read complaints that the shoulders are too bulky for smaller women - but personally I think once your kiddo hits 20+ lbs you'll be grateful for those large padded shoulder straps.
I LOVE my ergo! I bought it to increase my productivity to wear baby on my back for a move. I didn't buy it until my little one was 8 months old, so I can't speak for how it works for a newborn. But I can say since it doesn't lauder repeatedly well (occasionally launder, i think it says) I wouldn't bother using it at least full time until your baby is past the constant spit up stage (about 6 months for my baby). It took me a few weeks to be completely comfortable putting baby on my back by myself, but now I'm a total pro and it takes me no time to get her back there and secure. She's very content snuggled up to my back, it's an absolute win-win. This is also the ONLY baby carrier my husband is comfortable using, so it's very daddy friendly. It adjusts easily. I love the pocket for my keys & cell phone. The sleep hood never gets used for it's purpose, but the straps for it keep baby content with chewing, holding, and looking at them.
I've tried several carriers and this is the one to go with as your child grows (if you have the money, I liked something like the bjorn when they're really small and this as they get bigger). I still use it for my 30+lb. two year old for running into stores sometimes...great on front and back and for traveling...used it several times when flying. There are sooo many carriers out there but if you've found this one there's no more need to look around!
I love my Ergo! I bought it when my son was 7 months old and last carried him in it when he was 2.5, 35lbs and I was 8 months pregnant. I was still comfortable wearing it- but my knees did hurt a bit. Not the fault of the carrier, but the pregnancy. Now I use it on the go with my newborn, but I like it better for an older baby. The only reason for this is that it I have a moby wrap that I also love (for newborns). The Ergo newborn insert doesn't keep my babies head in place as well as the Moby, nor is it as comfortable to wear under a jacket. The ergo is my preferred carrier for an 4 month plus baby. I love how comfortable it is and have walked with my toddler for 6 hours (around the vancouver olympics) with out wishing I had a stroller. He was also very comfortable napping in it too!