Snappi® is an inventive solution to the simple problems of diapering. This unique product was invented by a father who experienced frustration changing his own child's diapers. The first Snappi® was introduced to the South African market in 1987 at a trade fair where 4000 units were sold within days.
The Snappi® Diaper Fastener has revolutionized cloth diapering! This PINLESS diaper fastener offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper and has become one of the most important cloth diapering accessories in the world. Over 60 million have sold worldwide.
An EASY to use fastener that offers a PRACTICAL and RELIABLE way to fasten a cloth diaper, replacing the diaper pin. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with 'teeth' on each end. These 'teeth' hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby.
The Snappi® fastener is manufactured from FDA approved raw materials, a polyester based polyurethane which is degradable on aging through hydrolysis and/or microbiological attack. It contains NO latex or any other adulterant, dilutent or modifying polymers. Snappis are made from 100% polyurethane.
Snappis have become the cloth diapering necessity that "pulls it all together"!
- It is an easy way to care for your baby.
- It is made from non-toxic material.
- The Snappi stays in place to ensure a comfortable fitting diaper.
- The Snappi is safe, economical and affordable.
- It is easy-to-care-for and can be sterilized in hot water.
- It is durable and can last as long as six months.
- The grips are designed and manufactured to ensure a better fitting diaper.
- Snappis are available in a wide range of attractive colors.
- Snappi has been clinically tested in various hospitals and clinics around the globe and passed all the tests with flying colors.
Directions for Use:
1. STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi® to return to its original size, and in so doing, will pull the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly. This can be done by holding the Snappi® in the center with one hand, and close to the end of the leg with the other hand. Then s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material gains elasticity. Follow this stretching procedure with all three legs. The Snappi® is now ready to go!
2. Make sure that the Snappi® is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi® 'leg' being attached be stretched across the diaper before hooking it into the diaper. When attaching the Snappi®, hold onto the solid part of the tab. DO NOT pull on the loops. Then, Hook Left, Stretch ACROSS and Hook Right, Stretch DOWN and Hook Center, Now your Snappi® fastener has gone from a ‘T’ shape to a ‘Y’ shape.
3. Always use a diaper cover over the diaper and Snappi®
Made in South Africa.
These are great. The size one is already to small for my 16# 5 month old. I'm really sad about that. I wish there where the double packages of the toddler size ones because one is not enough.
What a great tool! This makes using my prefolds so much easier! My parents wish they had these when they were using cloth diapers lol ;)
There is not size option when ordering this product, and the one I recieved said size 1 on the package. They also make a 'toddler' size, so if that's what your in the market for this is the wrong size. This size didn't work with our 16 month old 23 lb'er. The product itself works great.
Am I doing this wrong??? I bought a snappi (regular size, package said SMALL) and my son is 18 lbs. The snappi barely pulls everything together? I think I must be doing something wrong. It shouldn't be too small!
I gave up on cloth then bought a snappi to see what all the fuss was about, and i love it! I use a toddler snappi on my 22lb boy and it works well though i think it would be too small for an actual toddler. Also i wish cotton babies had toddlers in colors other than white but at least it goes with everything! Anyone who uses prefolds definately needs to pay the money and get theirself a snappi!