Don't miss this opportunity to join the Cotton Babies Team!
Retail Shift Supervisor (St. Louis, Missouri; Vancouver, Washington)
Full-time & Part Time
A Shift Supervisor is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets. In addition, a Shift Supervisor is a role model and leader and must solve problems, make informed decisions and manage wisely in order to achieve maximum results, reinforcing the tone set by manager per Company mission and value statements Depending on hours worked, Sales Associate will be responsible for opening and/or closing cash registers.
STARTING RATE OF PAY
Varies by location.
The essential functions listed below represent duties performed by this job title. Duties generally include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service
- Assist in orientation, training, developing, and managing sales associates in execution of daily tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Ring up sales at registers and/or bag merchandise
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock
- Aid customers in locating merchandise
- Communicate customer requests to management
- Assist in completing price changes within the department
- Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts
- Help solve problems that affect the storeï¿½s service, efficiency, and productivity.
- Oversee compliance of associates with established Cotton Babies policies and standards, such as safekeeping of company funds and property, personnel practices, security, sales and record-keeping procedures.
- Participate in on-going team building and sales training activities
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills.
- Physical ability to move, lift and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store and perform all essential functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates and customers
- Excellent communication skills, including reading, writing, listening, and speaking in front of a group
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Good typing and mathematical skills
- Well mannered and clearly spoken
- Comfortable around parents and small children
- Ability to work independently and execute directions given by management
- Ability to work under pressure, meet demanding deadlines, and handle stress appropriately
- Knowledge of natural parenting and related products
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Point of Sale
- Supervisory experience in a retail environment. (College degree in business or related field may substituted for a portion of required experience)
- Knowledge of or keen interest in learning about product base including but not limited to: cloth diapers, baby wearing gear, baby travel gear, parenting tools, childrenï¿½s clothing, etc.
Applicants will be expected to pass any assessments associated with the position.
Paid on-the-job training
Provisions listed in these Job Descriptions may be changed or modified by Cotton Babies Inc. without prior notice, at any time and at the Company's sole discretion.
Cotton Babies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please download and complete our job application packet. Email the completed forms along with an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Careers...