Published on June 22nd, 2014 | by Brittney French0
Cloth 101: Using a Diaper Sprayer
Say goodbye to dunking your dirty cloth diapers in the toilet! Or, if you prefer to scrape 'em out with a spatula, get rid of that, too.
The bumGenius Diaper Sprayer has been put on this Earth for a reason: to eliminate the messy work (aka poop) associated with cleaning cloth diapers.
Using a diaper sprayer is awesome. It rinses your diapers in seconds without you having to stick your hands in poo water. All the "yuck" goes right into the toilet and, if you use it with a SprayPal, you can avoid any potential backsplash.
- The bumGenius diaper sprayer is easy to install. Just follow these steps:
- Turn off the water going to the toilet
- Flush the toilet to drain most of the water out of the tank
- Unscrew the water supply line at the tank
- Screw the shut off valve to the tank,
- Screw the water supply line to the other side of the shut off valve
- Connect the hose and sprayer to the shut off valve
- Turn the water back on to check for leaks and ta-da! The cloth diaper power washer is all set and ready to go! You don't even have to be a plumber to pull off this install.
- Open your diaper and hold it by both ends. We suggest holding one front corner and one back corner
- Turn the diaper upside down so the inside faces the toilet bowl
- Spray the inside of the diaper until the mess is removed and washed into the toilet
- Be sure point the diaper sprayer down into the toilet to avoid any backsplash